Who Are You Watching? The Next Diva Generation
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2013 6:00 AM ET
Like many of the young women on this list, Faith is British (must be something in the tea). With a musical style that harkens back to early-'90s blue-eyed soul, Faith has an amazing set of pipes that she shows off to much success on her latest album, Fall to Grace. She's a kooky one, with outfits that make her appear like an exotic parrot (a motif on her album artwork), and flaming red hair that brings to mind the German protagonist of Run Lola Run. While her music has a pop sensibility, her last album was produced by Björk producer Nellee Hooper, known for creating intriguing and off-kilter soundscapes. Diva forebears: Lisa Stansfield, Kate Bush
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'