PHOTOS: White Party 2012 in Review
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 10 2012 2:00 AM ET
More than 30,000 people descended upon Palm Springs to make Jeffrey Sanker's annual White Party weekend in Palm Springs the best attended yet.
"The strong roster of DJs and talent, ranging from Australian spin-masters Nervo to Mary J. Blige, who worked the crowd into a frenzy on Saturday night at the Convention Center, along with our Sunday choreographed fireworks tribute to Whitney Houston and a show-stopping performance from X Factor winner Melanie Amaro left memories for years to come," Sanker said in a statement.
The White Party has been recognized by the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism as among the city’s highest tourism revenue-generating events annually, bringing in more than $1 million in occupancy taxes alone. Next year's White Party will take place March 29 through April 1. For more information, go to JeffreySanker.com.
- Chicago Radio Station Slurs Laverne Cox As She's Featured in John Legend Video
- Op-ed: Orange Is the New Black Proves to Be the Model of Queer TV
- #TBT: WWII and the Buddy System
- Laverne Cox: The Making of an Icon
- Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
- BREAKING: Denver Now Issuing Same-Sex Marriage Licenses