GLAAD to Honor Adam Lambert
BY Jase Peeples
April 01 2013 3:49 PM ET
Singer-songwriter Adam Lambert will receive this year’s Davidson/Valentini Award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards taking place May 11 in San Francisco.
"Adam Lambert's continued success as one of the world's best-selling pop stars shows LGBT people that they can be themselves and make it in a mainstream industry that many feel unfairly rejects them," GLAAD's Wilson Cruz said in a statement. "Adam is fearless on stage and astonishes audiences in every country he performs in."
Named after GLAAD’s first executive director, Craig Davidson, and his partner, Michael Valentini, the Davidson/Valentini Award is presented each year to an out LGBT media figure who promotes LGBT equality.
Past honorees include former Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman star Chad Allen, comedians Sandra Bernhard and Alec Mapa, actor B.D. Wong, and Precious director Lee Daniels.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM