GLAAD to Honor Adam Lambert
BY Jase Peeples
April 01 2013 2:49 PM ET
Singer-songwriter Adam Lambert will receive this year’s Davidson/Valentini Award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards taking place May 11 in San Francisco.
"Adam Lambert's continued success as one of the world's best-selling pop stars shows LGBT people that they can be themselves and make it in a mainstream industry that many feel unfairly rejects them," GLAAD's Wilson Cruz said in a statement. "Adam is fearless on stage and astonishes audiences in every country he performs in."
Named after GLAAD’s first executive director, Craig Davidson, and his partner, Michael Valentini, the Davidson/Valentini Award is presented each year to an out LGBT media figure who promotes LGBT equality.
Past honorees include former Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman star Chad Allen, comedians Sandra Bernhard and Alec Mapa, actor B.D. Wong, and Precious director Lee Daniels.
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 38 min 15 sec ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 2 hours 55 min ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM