'The Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper Comes Out as Gay
BY Jase Peeples
November 27 2013 12:58 PM ET
Bob Harper, a trainer on the weight-loss competition reality TV show The Biggest Loser, came out of the closest as a gay man on last night’s episode of the series, reports TV Replay.
Harper’s decision to reveal that he is gay stemmed from his desire to help Bobby, a contestant who is struggling with his own sexuality.
“I haven’t talked about my sexuality on this show ever," Harper said during last night’s episode of The Biggest Loser. "And now, meeting Bobby, I really do believe this is the right time. I want to show Bobby that he doesn’t have to live in shame.”
During a heartwarming segment of the episode, Harper encouraged Bobby to come out to his father. “When I came out [at] 17 years old, it was one of those things where I realized that there was going to be so many obstacles, but being gay doesn’t mean being weak," Harper told Bobby. "And being gay doesn’t mean that you are less than anybody else. It’s just who you are.”
Watch highlights from the episode in TV Replay's recap below.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM