'The Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper Comes Out as Gay
BY Jase Peeples
November 27 2013 1:58 PM ET
Bob Harper, a trainer on the weight-loss competition reality TV show The Biggest Loser, came out of the closest as a gay man on last night’s episode of the series, reports TV Replay.
Harper’s decision to reveal that he is gay stemmed from his desire to help Bobby, a contestant who is struggling with his own sexuality.
“I haven’t talked about my sexuality on this show ever," Harper said during last night’s episode of The Biggest Loser. "And now, meeting Bobby, I really do believe this is the right time. I want to show Bobby that he doesn’t have to live in shame.”
During a heartwarming segment of the episode, Harper encouraged Bobby to come out to his father. “When I came out [at] 17 years old, it was one of those things where I realized that there was going to be so many obstacles, but being gay doesn’t mean being weak," Harper told Bobby. "And being gay doesn’t mean that you are less than anybody else. It’s just who you are.”
Watch highlights from the episode in TV Replay's recap below.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series