PHOTOS: LGBT Celebs on the Blessing and Curse of Aging
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 31 2014 7:00 AM ET
Peter Paige (The Fosters, Queer as Folk, pictured right)
Best part of growing older?
[laughs] Giving much less of a shit about what other people think.
Greatest challenge of growing older?
Resources. Community. [LGBT seniors] are from a generation that wasn’t out, necessarily, or was out in secret, that was decimated by HIV and AIDS. I think there’s a lot of challenges unique to that generation in terms of isolation and getting the resources to finish their days in fulfilled and safe ways. And dignity!
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod