PHOTOS: LGBT Celebs on the Blessing and Curse of Aging
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 31 2014 6:00 AM ET
Peter Paige (The Fosters, Queer as Folk, pictured right)
Best part of growing older?
[laughs] Giving much less of a shit about what other people think.
Greatest challenge of growing older?
Resources. Community. [LGBT seniors] are from a generation that wasn’t out, necessarily, or was out in secret, that was decimated by HIV and AIDS. I think there’s a lot of challenges unique to that generation in terms of isolation and getting the resources to finish their days in fulfilled and safe ways. And dignity!
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates