Caught in the Crossfire
BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 10:00 PM ET
Proficient in multiple Arabic dialects, staff sergeant Carnes, now 32, served in the Army as a linguist from 1997 to 2004, including a 2000–2001 tour in Kosovo. He spent an additional two years in the Army Reserve and earned several medals, including the Bronze Star. He decided not to reenlist because of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Carnes is from Jefferson, Wis.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law