Caught in the Crossfire
BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 10:00 PM ET
Proficient in multiple Arabic dialects, staff sergeant Carnes, now 32, served in the Army as a linguist from 1997 to 2004, including a 2000–2001 tour in Kosovo. He spent an additional two years in the Army Reserve and earned several medals, including the Bronze Star. He decided not to reenlist because of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Carnes is from Jefferson, Wis.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion