Caught in the Crossfire
BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 9:00 PM ET
Proficient in multiple Arabic dialects, staff sergeant Carnes, now 32, served in the Army as a linguist from 1997 to 2004, including a 2000–2001 tour in Kosovo. He spent an additional two years in the Army Reserve and earned several medals, including the Bronze Star. He decided not to reenlist because of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Carnes is from Jefferson, Wis.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship