Caught in the Crossfire
BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 10:00 PM ET
Proficient in multiple Arabic dialects, staff sergeant Carnes, now 32, served in the Army as a linguist from 1997 to 2004, including a 2000–2001 tour in Kosovo. He spent an additional two years in the Army Reserve and earned several medals, including the Bronze Star. He decided not to reenlist because of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Carnes is from Jefferson, Wis.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison