Butch-Femme For a New Millennium
BY Sunnivie Brydum
February 11 2013 5:00 AM ET
Frances and partner (and fur kids)
Punky, funky, high femme
37 years old
"I hope that we never stop seeing femmes and butches in our big LGBTQ family. I hear folks talk about how great androgyny is, and I agree there is a wonderfulness about it. However, I love the nuances that a more dichotomized gender identity brings out. The way a butch with short hair smells, swaggers, and laughs. The way a femme smiles, dances, and creates mischief. We have to respect and understand people are far more than just their identity or perceived identity, but we must also hold on to the beauty of being queer and gender warriors."
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality