20 LGBT Couples Who Have Been in Love More Than a Decade
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2014 8:00 AM ET
"We are so far out of the closet that we live on the front lawn."
John credits the fact that they are very, very different as a reason they have stayed together for so long. "It's a positive thing. I am social, Chris is the quiet one. I cook, he cleans up. He's the philosopher, I'm the doer. We complement each other."
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- Marriage Equality Only Happened Because Grassroots Refused to Wait
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition