20 LGBT Couples Who Have Been in Love More Than a Decade
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2014 8:00 AM ET
"We've been together for so long, then what are we if we're not married?" Michael says. They actually wish that the gay community would just design or invent a form of marriage that is more creative in spirit and approach, that is more organic and not just a replica of heterosexual marriage, which they feel is not a particularly successful role model. They wish that society could create a new kind of marriage with new kinds of vows to each other that would surpass the rigidity of the standard view of marriage. As Dan says, "If you don't have love every single day for the person that you're with, then no marriage certificate is going to be worth anything."
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Why Are We Gay?