Kristin Bauer van Straten: Summer of Pam
BY Brandon Voss
June 21 2011 7:45 PM ET
I’ve read various articles that have described Pam as bisexual or omnisexual, but we’ve really only seen evidence of her attraction to other women — most memorably when she pleasured Yvetta, the Fangtasia stripper, last season.
Right. Sexually, she hasn’t shown any interest in men so far. Maybe she’ll feed on men because they’re food, but they’re an appetizer to the main course.
I don’t suppose Pam will be settling down into a meaningful, monogamous relationship anytime soon.
I can’t imagine it, but wouldn’t it be fun and exciting to see the person that could settle Pam down? It would have to be someone who was in no way predictable, boring, or weak.
How would you describe Pam’s style? I can’t wait to see what outfit she’s going to wear each episode.
Oh, my God, I look forward to every wardrobe fitting in the same way. What I love about the way Pam dresses is that every single day or event is an opportunity for dressing. You’ll see this season that there’s never a moment too dire or too extreme for her not to find an amazing outfit or put on makeup. When we had the vampire trial in the first season, Pam wore a safari dress, because she was going hunting. She also wears sunglasses on her head, even though she hasn’t seen the sun in a long time. That’s really our costume designer, Audrey Fisher, who comes up with the concepts. She puts so much attention and care into every detail.
Where does Pam find those outfits in Shreveport?
I imagine Pam has what Kristin Bauer has: people. [Laughs] You gotta have people to help you with all that. Oh, I can’t wait until we see where Pam lives. Her closet has to be as big as a house, because she’s never repeated anything.
Speaking of clothing, just about everyone has gotten naked on the show but you. What’s the deal? I only ask on behalf of your loyal lesbian fan base.
[Laughs] I don’t know. I guess I’ve gotten lucky. Honestly, I just told myself, Oh, my God, I got through another year. So this hiatus I’m working out. I got P90X, because there’s just something about the idea of being naked in front of millions of people that will inspire you to work out a lot, even if you’re in pretty good shape already. It’s a little nerve-racking. All of us in the cast watch what we eat, and we’re all exercising more than we ever have — the show’s probably adding years to our lives. Of course, the women want to be smaller, but the men want to be bigger.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM