WATCH: Zac Efron Talks to Ellen About Dancing in the Rain in His Underwear
BY Trudy Ring
October 04 2012 6:07 PM ET
Zac Efron dropped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show to talk about his new movie, The Paperboy, especially the scene in which he dances with Nicole Kidman in the rain — and in his underwear.
“Nicole’s so amazing to work with, but she’s also very improvisational. … Before I knew it, we were improvising an entire dance in the rain,” Efron tells DeGeneres, in an episode airing today. He also talks about dating, bungee jumping, and his penchant for going shirtless.
The Paperboy is a 1960s-set thriller, directed by gay filmmaker Lee Daniels (Precious) and starring Matthew McConaughey in his first gay role; Efron plays McConaughey’s brother. It opens in theaters Friday.
Watch Efron talking with Ellen below, and read his recent Advocate interview here. Another of Ellen’s guests today is Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect star Rebel Wilson, who also recently spoke to The Advocate; video below, Advocate interview here.
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School