WATCH: Zac Efron Talks to Ellen About Dancing in the Rain in His Underwear
BY Trudy Ring
October 04 2012 6:07 PM ET
Zac Efron dropped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show to talk about his new movie, The Paperboy, especially the scene in which he dances with Nicole Kidman in the rain — and in his underwear.
“Nicole’s so amazing to work with, but she’s also very improvisational. … Before I knew it, we were improvising an entire dance in the rain,” Efron tells DeGeneres, in an episode airing today. He also talks about dating, bungee jumping, and his penchant for going shirtless.
The Paperboy is a 1960s-set thriller, directed by gay filmmaker Lee Daniels (Precious) and starring Matthew McConaughey in his first gay role; Efron plays McConaughey’s brother. It opens in theaters Friday.
Watch Efron talking with Ellen below, and read his recent Advocate interview here. Another of Ellen’s guests today is Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect star Rebel Wilson, who also recently spoke to The Advocate; video below, Advocate interview here.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 1 hour 32 min ago
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini 2 hours 44 min ago
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM