WATCH: Zac Efron Talks to Ellen About Dancing in the Rain in His Underwear
BY Trudy Ring
October 04 2012 6:07 PM ET
Zac Efron dropped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show to talk about his new movie, The Paperboy, especially the scene in which he dances with Nicole Kidman in the rain — and in his underwear.
“Nicole’s so amazing to work with, but she’s also very improvisational. … Before I knew it, we were improvising an entire dance in the rain,” Efron tells DeGeneres, in an episode airing today. He also talks about dating, bungee jumping, and his penchant for going shirtless.
The Paperboy is a 1960s-set thriller, directed by gay filmmaker Lee Daniels (Precious) and starring Matthew McConaughey in his first gay role; Efron plays McConaughey’s brother. It opens in theaters Friday.
Watch Efron talking with Ellen below, and read his recent Advocate interview here. Another of Ellen’s guests today is Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect star Rebel Wilson, who also recently spoke to The Advocate; video below, Advocate interview here.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM