WATCH: In Case You Weren't Sure, Another Duck Dynasty Star Thinks Gays Are Going to Hell
BY Jase Peeples
March 26 2014 1:40 PM ET
Phil Robertson isn’t the only member of the Duck Dynasty flock who believes LGBT people are going to hell. In a recent interview with CNN’s Kyra Phillips, his son Willie Robertson made it clear he believes in a “literal” reading of the Bible in regard to same-sex relationships as well.
When Phillips asked Willie Robertson if he agreed with the statements his father made during his controversial interview with GQ magazine – in which the Duck patriarch compared gay people to prostitutes, drunkards, adulterers, swindlers, and terrorists — he answered in the affirmative. “I believe what the Bible says,” he answered. “You have to read the Bible and make up your own mind. God will ultimately decide that. We don't profess to be God and we certainly don't profess to be perfect because we have our own sins to deal with.”
Phillips then pressed further, saying, “And for him and for you, the Bible is literal, that’s how it is, right?”
To which Robertson replied, “That’s how it was said.”
Though the Roberson flock may be unwilling to budge on their antigay views, their reality show’s ratings continue to fly south. The TV series which once shattered ratings records with 11.7 million viewers dropped to an all-time low of 4.7 million with its most recent episode, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Watch Robertson's interview wth CNN in the video below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- Meet the First Trans Pastor Officially Ordained by the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future