PHOTOS: The LGBT Characters of True Blood
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 20 2014 6:00 AM ET
Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) is the former head of the Fellowship of the Sun, a zealous religious group that is vehemently antivampire. He was eventually turned into a vampire and also came out of the closet as gay.
Nan Flanagan (Jessica Tuck) was a prominent leader of The Authority, a governing vampiric power, who appears throughout the first four seasons of True Blood. She was acutely aware of the power of the media to influence public opinion and often appeared on television to advocate for vampire civil rights. Flanagan was ultimately staked by Eric and Bill after her orders to avoid interference with a coven of witches went awry.
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'