PHOTOS: The LGBT Characters of True Blood
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 20 2014 6:00 AM ET
Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) is the former head of the Fellowship of the Sun, a zealous religious group that is vehemently antivampire. He was eventually turned into a vampire and also came out of the closet as gay.
Nan Flanagan (Jessica Tuck) was a prominent leader of The Authority, a governing vampiric power, who appears throughout the first four seasons of True Blood. She was acutely aware of the power of the media to influence public opinion and often appeared on television to advocate for vampire civil rights. Flanagan was ultimately staked by Eric and Bill after her orders to avoid interference with a coven of witches went awry.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Meet the First Trans Pastor Officially Ordained by the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- President Obama Has Not Called for LGBT National Holiday