PHOTOS: The LGBT Characters of True Blood
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 20 2014 6:00 AM ET
Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) is the former head of the Fellowship of the Sun, a zealous religious group that is vehemently antivampire. He was eventually turned into a vampire and also came out of the closet as gay.
Nan Flanagan (Jessica Tuck) was a prominent leader of The Authority, a governing vampiric power, who appears throughout the first four seasons of True Blood. She was acutely aware of the power of the media to influence public opinion and often appeared on television to advocate for vampire civil rights. Flanagan was ultimately staked by Eric and Bill after her orders to avoid interference with a coven of witches went awry.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Newlywed Photos That Will Make Kim Davis's Head Spin