PHOTOS: The LGBT Characters of True Blood
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 20 2014 6:00 AM ET
Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) is the former head of the Fellowship of the Sun, a zealous religious group that is vehemently antivampire. He was eventually turned into a vampire and also came out of the closet as gay.
Nan Flanagan (Jessica Tuck) was a prominent leader of The Authority, a governing vampiric power, who appears throughout the first four seasons of True Blood. She was acutely aware of the power of the media to influence public opinion and often appeared on television to advocate for vampire civil rights. Flanagan was ultimately staked by Eric and Bill after her orders to avoid interference with a coven of witches went awry.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad