BY Tom Judson
September 23 2009 2:30 PM ET
Son of Kong
Craryville, N.Y. -- I like to imagine when they finished fabricating the Martindale Diner they sent the leftover aluminum to the Fan Camper factory to make my rig. This photo is too obvious for elaboration: vintage diner ... vintage camper ... cherry pie ... What more is there to say?
What makes an impression on me about the picture is my socks. Kristofer Weston, who directed me in a couple of leathery movies for Colt Studios, was constantly tucking my socks into my boots. And then I'd pull them back out. (True, those movies were technically Buckshot productions, but as far as I am concerned, Gus Mattox was a Colt Man.) We'd laughingly go back and forth over the issue until either (a) one of us would concede or (b) the socks, the boots. and everything else came off and the point was moot.
And you thought all that went into making a porn movie was setting up a camera and yelling "action!" Hah!
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 20 min 24 sec ago
- Comedy Watch: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 25 min 44 sec ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 48 min 39 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 1 hour 33 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM