BY Jeremy Kinser
January 28 2010 4:35 PM ET
Do you regard the stage production as more risqué than your Saturday morning show?
I don't think it's much more risqué. I mean, it depends on who you are. I never personally viewed it as that risqué. My theory was always if a kid understood a joke, they understood the joke based on information that I didn't have anything to do with. And if they didn't understand the joke, which is how it was mostly designed, then Whoosh! it just went right over their head. Then the parents could laugh at something that the kid didn't understand. The kid would grow up and watch the show again and then be like, Wow, I never noticed that before! — which has happened a lot. I meet a lot of young adults who say, "You know, I just watched your show, I didn't realize all those things were in it." So it's the same sort of things; we have a lot of the same type of material from the show.
What's been the most gratifying about the response to your comeback?
That there was a response at all! I mean, it's been incredible that we've sold 10,000 tickets like, boom, in one day. You know, it's been very exciting. We've broken Ticketmaster records for the rate we're selling tickets at. It's incredible; it's totally exciting. I mean, you don't know about this kind of stuff. You could say, "I'm coming back," and people go "Oh, ha ha, have you met my back?" So you don't know, you know?
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 7 min 3 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Behold! Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Are Back in First Golden Globes Promo 47 min 41 sec ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 1 hour 44 min ago
- Politics India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban 2 hours 18 min ago
- Media Edie Windsor Is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 11:09 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM