WATCH: A Taste of Lady Bunny's Clowns Syndrome
BY Brandon Voss
June 10 2014 12:08 PM ET
Perhaps "taste" is a poor choice of word.
Outrageous drag legend and nightlife pioneer Lady Bunny returns to the stage this summer in Clowns Syndrome, a raunchy solo comedy packed with song parodies, original videos, and costume changes. Cowritten by Beryl Mendelbaum, the politically incorrect show features a pre-taped roast by Joan Rivers and Laugh-In-style jabs at celebrities. Also expect the Wigstock cofounder and RuPaul's Drag U alum to take on the heated T word debate.
Clowns Syndrome, which plays Tuesday evenings, debuted April 29 and officially opens June 17 at New York City's La Escuelita Cabaret Theater.
"I had to cut a lot of the dancing from my shows because people kept coming up and shoving a wooden spoon between my teeth," says Bunny in a press release. "If you ever wanted to see Honey Boo Boo all grown up, Clowns Syndrome is the show for you!"
That Ain't No Lady!, Bunny's last show at La Escuelita in 2011, earned a rave review from the New York Times and subsequently toured.
Visit LadyBunnyTix.com for tickets to Clowns Syndrome and watch the preview clip below.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet