Best Companies of 2010: The Case For a Raise
September 20 2010 11:00 PM ET
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is one of a handful of U.S. companies to pay gay employees added salary to cover a federal tax on their partner health benefits.
Wells Fargo supports a wide range of LGBT business initiatives, including sponsorship of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce’s LGBT Business Owner of the Year award.
72% of CEI-rated companies have protections against discrimination based on gender identity or expression, one of the index’s most notable successes.
Toyota is the top auto brand for gays and lesbians, according to a national survey conducted last year; the company also has maintained top ratings on the CEI.
Eleven of the top 20 companies on the Fortune 1000 list earned CEI ratings of 100. They are General Motors, Chevron, Ford Motor, Citigroup, Bank of America, AT&T, J.P. Morgan Chase, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Cardinal Health, and Goldman Sachs.
9.3 million The number of employees represented in the 305 companies that rated a top score of 100.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 32 min 34 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 55 min 26 sec ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 1 hour 2 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 1 hour 10 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 1 hour 13 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 21 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2 hours 8 min ago