Best Companies of 2010: The Case For a Raise
September 21 2010 12:00 AM ET
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is one of a handful of U.S. companies to pay gay employees added salary to cover a federal tax on their partner health benefits.
Wells Fargo supports a wide range of LGBT business initiatives, including sponsorship of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerceâ€™s LGBT Business Owner of the Year award.
72% of CEI-rated companies have protections against discrimination based on gender identity or expression, one of the indexâ€™s most notable successes.
Toyota is the top auto brand for gays and lesbians, according to a national survey conducted last year; the company also has maintained top ratings on the CEI.
Eleven of the top 20 companies on the Fortune 1000 list earned CEI ratings of 100. They are General Motors, Chevron, Ford Motor, Citigroup, Bank of America, AT&T, J.P. Morgan Chase, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Cardinal Health, and Goldman Sachs.
9.3 million The number of employees represented in the 305 companies that rated a top score of 100.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM