Romney Ate Mor Chikin: Campaign Spent $500 at Chick-fil-A
BY Neal Broverman
August 21 2012 3:03 PM ET
The Obama campaign may be outspending the Romney campaign, but the latter is not scrimping when it comes to feeding its staff: Romney staffers recently helped consume nearly $500 worth of food at Chick-fil-A.
In a story about Romney's growing cash advantage over the president's, The New York Times reported the Obama campaign posted $3 million in payroll expenses in July. On the flip side, Romney posted a nearly $500 expense at an Atlanta Chick-fil-A on July 23, the day after former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee asked people to support the chain after its CEO blasted marriage equality and LGBT families. The Romney Chick-fil-A tab was billed as a "meeting expense."
While Obama raised more money than Romney earlier in the year, he also spent more money. Meanwhile, Romney is catching up to the president, thanks to corporations and wealthy bankers, and had $62 million more in the bank than the Democrats did at the end of July.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Can Marc Carson's Murder Have as Much Impact as Matthew Shepard's? 30 min 42 sec ago
- Music The Comeback: ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog 50 min 40 sec ago
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 2 hours 7 min ago
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 4:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM