Romney Ate Mor Chikin: Campaign Spent $500 at Chick-fil-A
BY Neal Broverman
August 21 2012 2:03 PM ET
The Obama campaign may be outspending the Romney campaign, but the latter is not scrimping when it comes to feeding its staff: Romney staffers recently helped consume nearly $500 worth of food at Chick-fil-A.
In a story about Romney's growing cash advantage over the president's, The New York Times reported the Obama campaign posted $3 million in payroll expenses in July. On the flip side, Romney posted a nearly $500 expense at an Atlanta Chick-fil-A on July 23, the day after former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee asked people to support the chain after its CEO blasted marriage equality and LGBT families. The Romney Chick-fil-A tab was billed as a "meeting expense."
While Obama raised more money than Romney earlier in the year, he also spent more money. Meanwhile, Romney is catching up to the president, thanks to corporations and wealthy bankers, and had $62 million more in the bank than the Democrats did at the end of July.
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 2 hours 11 min ago
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 6:00 AM
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM