'Ex-Gay' Writer and Advocate Caught on Grindr
BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2013 2:00 PM ET
A man who has written about and advocated using religion to stop same-sex attraction was discovered to be using the gay hookup app Grindr.
Christian Post blogger Matt Moore was first spotted on Grindr by Huffington Post blogger Zinnia Jones, who received a tip from a reader of her page at Freethought Blogs. Moore eventually confirmed that it was his profile.
"I am wrong in having been on Grindr," he said to Jones. "I haven’t changed my views on homosexuality, the Bible, etc. Creating a Grindr profile and talking to guys on it was major disobedience on my part ... disobedience to Christ."
Moore added that he "won't be on Grindr again ... ever."
A screen grab of Moore's Grindr profile:
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 22 min 44 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 25 min 49 sec ago
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 40 min 48 sec ago
- Women The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Lesbian Penguins in Love in Israel 45 min 10 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Silencing a #SharedGirlHood on Social Media 3:20 PM
- Politics Putin's Top Priority: 'Equal Terms' for Olympic Athletes 3:15 PM
- Travel Wanna Go to the SAG Awards in L.A.? 3:11 PM