'Ex-Gay' Writer and Advocate Caught on Grindr
BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2013 3:00 PM ET
A man who has written about and advocated using religion to stop same-sex attraction was discovered to be using the gay hookup app Grindr.
Christian Post blogger Matt Moore was first spotted on Grindr by Huffington Post blogger Zinnia Jones, who received a tip from a reader of her page at Freethought Blogs. Moore eventually confirmed that it was his profile.
"I am wrong in having been on Grindr," he said to Jones. "I haven’t changed my views on homosexuality, the Bible, etc. Creating a Grindr profile and talking to guys on it was major disobedience on my part ... disobedience to Christ."
Moore added that he "won't be on Grindr again ... ever."
A screen grab of Moore's Grindr profile:
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'