'Ex-Gay' Writer and Advocate Caught on Grindr
BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2013 3:00 PM ET
A man who has written about and advocated using religion to stop same-sex attraction was discovered to be using the gay hookup app Grindr.
Christian Post blogger Matt Moore was first spotted on Grindr by Huffington Post blogger Zinnia Jones, who received a tip from a reader of her page at Freethought Blogs. Moore eventually confirmed that it was his profile.
"I am wrong in having been on Grindr," he said to Jones. "I haven’t changed my views on homosexuality, the Bible, etc. Creating a Grindr profile and talking to guys on it was major disobedience on my part ... disobedience to Christ."
Moore added that he "won't be on Grindr again ... ever."
A screen grab of Moore's Grindr profile:
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 58 min 9 sec ago
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 1 hour 1 min ago
- Business P.R. Agency Adds LGBT Practice 1 hour 27 min ago
- Travel A Tour Through the San Francisco of Looking, Season One 1 hour 30 min ago
- Women Houston Lesbian Couple Found Murdered, Cops Searching for Suspect 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: 10 Worst Ways to Pick Up a Lesbian 1 hour 35 min ago
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 2 hours 32 min ago