Project Pantsuit Is a Go For Hillary Clinton
BY Jami Smith
June 04 2013 9:47 AM ET
Hillary Clinton was, by far, the most popular presenter last night at the Council of Fashion Designers of America's annual awards show. Decked out in her beaded Oscar de la Renta pantsuit, the former secretary of State slayed the audience with jokes before presenting the Founder's Award to the designer.
Perhaps the best zinger of Clinton's speech, as reported by New York magazine, was when she turned to host Andy Cohen of Bravo's Watch What Happens Live, and quipped, "I'm going to be pitching Andy on a new show for Bravo. We can call it Project Pantsuit."
"Project Pantsuit is totally a go," joked Cohen when he retook the stage. "Madeleine Albright is doing the first challenge."
It seems as though Hillary Clinton is starting to have as much fun with her reputation for fashion as her critics. Remember the "Rainbow Panstuits" internet meme?
Watch video of the moment:
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner