Stephen Colbert: Gays Are Endangering Russia's Olympics by Existing
BY Jase Peeples
November 21 2013 1:46 PM ET
Stephen Colbert made it clear he’s worried about the terror LGBT people could unleash on the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
"We're all scared,” he said on last night’s episode of The Colbert Report. “Russia's Olympics are endangered by homosexuals who insist on existing during them."
But Colbert was quick to applaud Russian Olympic organizers for taking away an LGBT protest symbol by choosing rainbow-colored uniforms for the Winter Games after the host country passed legislation banning displays of "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations" in venues open to minors.
“Yeah, we took your rainbow,” Colbert chided. “Suck it, gays. Just don’t do it in Russia.”
Watch the full sarcastic segment in the video below.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Larry and Carlos Met Cruising, Stayed Together 33 Years, Then Got Hitched