Op-ed: The 6 Gay Men You Never Want to Meet — Part II
BY Tyler Curry
November 08 2013 7:00 AM ET
The Sob Story
You learned about his terrible childhood and his series of awful relationships before you even had a chance to tell him where you are from. But his puppy-dog eyes gleamed just so, playing all the right heartstrings. You think, “Maybe I can be the ‘happy’ that this guy finally deserves?” So you give it a shot. Six months in, you start to realize that his sad tales aren’t a thing of the past; they are his present. And worse, he secretly thrives off of the “woe is me” mentality. It’s only a matter of time until you become a dreary little character yourself. So let those violin strings play one last time … while you make your exit. (Illustrated by Clarione Gutierrez)
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'