A Day in Gay America, 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
July 12 2010 4:00 AM ET
10:59 a.m., New York City. Jon Paul Buchmeyer, author of the memoir Alphabet City, on Fifth Street and Avenue A in the East Village. “This sums up what I think of my gay life,” he says. “It’s me with an optimistic attitude, like Mary Tyler Moore, thowing my hat in the air.”
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?