Young and Gay in America, 2011
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2011 4:00 AM ET
11:29PM Charlotte, N.C. Sondra Newton loves spending evenings with her nieces Tanaja and Brielle, for whom she is also a partial guardian, and her dog Rogue. Here, the gang watches an episode of Spongebob Square Pants. "As a member of the LGBT community, it is imperative that I teach my girls tolerance, acceptance, and to stand up and fight for the rights of everyone," she says.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?