Young and Gay in America, 2011
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2011 4:00 AM ET
11:29PM Charlotte, N.C. Sondra Newton loves spending evenings with her nieces Tanaja and Brielle, for whom she is also a partial guardian, and her dog Rogue. Here, the gang watches an episode of Spongebob Square Pants. "As a member of the LGBT community, it is imperative that I teach my girls tolerance, acceptance, and to stand up and fight for the rights of everyone," she says.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages