Young and Gay in America, 2011
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2011 4:00 AM ET
11:29PM Charlotte, N.C. Sondra Newton loves spending evenings with her nieces Tanaja and Brielle, for whom she is also a partial guardian, and her dog Rogue. Here, the gang watches an episode of Spongebob Square Pants. "As a member of the LGBT community, it is imperative that I teach my girls tolerance, acceptance, and to stand up and fight for the rights of everyone," she says.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights