Young and Gay in America, 2011
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2011 4:00 AM ET
11:29PM Charlotte, N.C. Sondra Newton loves spending evenings with her nieces Tanaja and Brielle, for whom she is also a partial guardian, and her dog Rogue. Here, the gang watches an episode of Spongebob Square Pants. "As a member of the LGBT community, it is imperative that I teach my girls tolerance, acceptance, and to stand up and fight for the rights of everyone," she says.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend