A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 4:00 AM ET
11:35AM Over Northern California (above left) Lt. Col. Michael Butler flies a USAF KC-10 Extender during a training mission.
11:45AM Miami Beach, Fla. (above right) Model and artist Daniel Miagany, 32, jumps rope at Sobekick Gym as part of his daily workout routine.
12:15PM Corona, Calif. (above left) Lee Loyola and wife Ko on a surprise zip-lining date. “She never experienced this before, so I thought this would be a great date!” Loyola says.
12:21PM Raleigh, N.C. (above right) Kathy Bundy (left) and Jill Kidd (right) have hot dogs for lunch with Kathy’s mother, Nancy Bundy, at her senior living community. The lunch is for a fund-raising event for Alzheimer’s disease.
12:30PM Springfield, Ohio (above left) Erin Cole (left) enjoys a day at the C.J. Brown Reservoir with Dylan.
12:34PM New York City (above right) Former Ali Forney Center client Terrence Robertson, 18, now acts as a peer outreach intern helping homeless LGBT youth.
1:10PM Los Angeles Actor (above left) George Takei attends a meeting at the Japanese American National Museum, where he is a member of the board of trustees.
1:15PM Palm Springs, Calif. POWER UP’s Casey Martin spends some quality time in the sun as Alicia Burke swims around with Jack Jack Thrasher.
1:17PM Hollywood (above) LGBT elders get creative at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s weekly art class for seniors.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- President Obama Has Not Called for LGBT National Holiday