A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 4:00 AM ET
1:23PM Alameda, Calif. (above left) Teacher Fran Roccaforte enjoys a dog day afternoon in the park with her dog, Callie, and Callie’s beau, Scooter.
1:30PM Idyllwild, Calif. (above right) Jim Hill (left) and husband Gary Felgemaker with their beagle, Patches, take shade during a sunny day.
1:34PM Kenosha, Wis. (above left) Stephanie Schroeder (front, right) and three former classmates from Mary D. Bradford High School, class of 1981, dine with their girlfriends at local eatery, Mangia, for a “lezzie power lunch.”
2:05PM Fresno, Calif. (above right) Volunteer Jaymi Morgan sorts DVDs donated for the Fresno LGBT Community Center’s media lending library. The conservative city had been without an LGBT center for decades until the new center opened in January 2011.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed
- Michael Musto Is Never Getting Married
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet