A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 4:00 AM ET
1:23PM Alameda, Calif. (above left) Teacher Fran Roccaforte enjoys a dog day afternoon in the park with her dog, Callie, and Callie’s beau, Scooter.
1:30PM Idyllwild, Calif. (above right) Jim Hill (left) and husband Gary Felgemaker with their beagle, Patches, take shade during a sunny day.
1:34PM Kenosha, Wis. (above left) Stephanie Schroeder (front, right) and three former classmates from Mary D. Bradford High School, class of 1981, dine with their girlfriends at local eatery, Mangia, for a “lezzie power lunch.”
2:05PM Fresno, Calif. (above right) Volunteer Jaymi Morgan sorts DVDs donated for the Fresno LGBT Community Center’s media lending library. The conservative city had been without an LGBT center for decades until the new center opened in January 2011.
- A Letter to My Partners
- Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 19 min 50 sec ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 2 hours 35 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM