A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 4:00 AM ET
1:23PM Alameda, Calif. (above left) Teacher Fran Roccaforte enjoys a dog day afternoon in the park with her dog, Callie, and Callie’s beau, Scooter.
1:30PM Idyllwild, Calif. (above right) Jim Hill (left) and husband Gary Felgemaker with their beagle, Patches, take shade during a sunny day.
1:34PM Kenosha, Wis. (above left) Stephanie Schroeder (front, right) and three former classmates from Mary D. Bradford High School, class of 1981, dine with their girlfriends at local eatery, Mangia, for a “lezzie power lunch.”
2:05PM Fresno, Calif. (above right) Volunteer Jaymi Morgan sorts DVDs donated for the Fresno LGBT Community Center’s media lending library. The conservative city had been without an LGBT center for decades until the new center opened in January 2011.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar