A Day in Gay America
BY Advocate Contributors
October 28 2011 4:00 AM ET
1:23PM Alameda, Calif. (above left) Teacher Fran Roccaforte enjoys a dog day afternoon in the park with her dog, Callie, and Callie’s beau, Scooter.
1:30PM Idyllwild, Calif. (above right) Jim Hill (left) and husband Gary Felgemaker with their beagle, Patches, take shade during a sunny day.
1:34PM Kenosha, Wis. (above left) Stephanie Schroeder (front, right) and three former classmates from Mary D. Bradford High School, class of 1981, dine with their girlfriends at local eatery, Mangia, for a “lezzie power lunch.”
2:05PM Fresno, Calif. (above right) Volunteer Jaymi Morgan sorts DVDs donated for the Fresno LGBT Community Center’s media lending library. The conservative city had been without an LGBT center for decades until the new center opened in January 2011.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 27 min 16 sec ago
- Transgender Transgender Woman Alleges Discrimination by Bridal Shop 40 min 11 sec ago
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 1 hour 23 min ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 2 hours 42 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM