Another Day at the Office for Gay America
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2012 7:00 AM ET
12 noon, Seattle: Perhaps overwhelmed by the details being discussed in this late morning meeting regarding his being an emcee for the World AIDS Day breakfast fund-raiser (or possibly it was just hunger), Steve Wakefield is seen in his office listening to the development director of Rosehedge/Multifaith Works talk about the registration process. Photo by C.J. Lebert.
12:10 p.m., Pittsburgh: Heather Storm works the mike.
12:32 p.m., Tulsa, Okla.: Partners and founders of Spexton Jewelry, Nathan McPherson and Greg Shelton, spend the afternoon handcrafting designer wedding bands — with hopes that marriage equality will one day make it to their state.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law