On The Road With AIDS LifeCycle
BY Advocate Contributors
June 16 2011 6:00 AM ET
This year AIDS/LifeCycle raised more than $13 million for the fight against HIV/AIDS, benefiting the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation -- while helping to save thousands of lives in the process. Embedded Press Corps photographer Stephen Busken experienced the ride from the inside. He spent a week on the road with over 3,000 participants, traveling 545 miles from San Francisco to L.A.
"While photographing AIDS/LifeCycle, I was overwhelmed by the sense of community formed among the riders and volunteer roadies who donate their time and talents to make the ride possible," Busken said. "By capturing images of the riders, I got to hear their personal stories of how AIDS has touched their lives."
The following is a small glimpse into a massive ride down California's coast.
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 1 hour 40 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM