On The Road With AIDS LifeCycle
BY Advocate Contributors
June 16 2011 7:00 AM ET
This year AIDS/LifeCycle raised more than $13 million for the fight against HIV/AIDS, benefiting the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation -- while helping to save thousands of lives in the process. Embedded Press Corps photographer Stephen Busken experienced the ride from the inside. He spent a week on the road with over 3,000 participants, traveling 545 miles from San Francisco to L.A.
"While photographing AIDS/LifeCycle, I was overwhelmed by the sense of community formed among the riders and volunteer roadies who donate their time and talents to make the ride possible," Busken said. "By capturing images of the riders, I got to hear their personal stories of how AIDS has touched their lives."
The following is a small glimpse into a massive ride down California's coast.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana