On The Road With AIDS LifeCycle
BY Advocate Contributors
June 16 2011 6:00 AM ET
This year AIDS/LifeCycle raised more than $13 million for the fight against HIV/AIDS, benefiting the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation -- while helping to save thousands of lives in the process. Embedded Press Corps photographer Stephen Busken experienced the ride from the inside. He spent a week on the road with over 3,000 participants, traveling 545 miles from San Francisco to L.A.
"While photographing AIDS/LifeCycle, I was overwhelmed by the sense of community formed among the riders and volunteer roadies who donate their time and talents to make the ride possible," Busken said. "By capturing images of the riders, I got to hear their personal stories of how AIDS has touched their lives."
The following is a small glimpse into a massive ride down California's coast.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Marriage Equality Good for New Mexico Kids, Experts Say
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 1 hour 13 min ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 1 hour 13 min ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM