Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
HIV+ and HIV- blood on paper
13" x 16" oval
Collection: Donna Lee Bartell
Sherer: Without failure, during every "Blood Works" exhibition someone will claim that they know which one of the little rabbits is painted in HIV+ blood. How absurd! One cannot detect HIV infection in the appearance of blood nor in the physical appearance of people. I once lost about 15 pounds on a low-carb diet. Everyone secretly thought I had AIDS and stopped flirting with me. Meanwhile, a handsome, athletic acquaintance of mine infected several of my other friends with the virus.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record
- Brunei Brings Back Death by Stoning
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'