WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
BY Justin Hernandez
March 12 2014 3:30 PM ET
Disproving the old adage that a kiss is just a kiss, filmmaker Tatia Pilieva and Wren designer and founder Melissa Coker gathered 20 people who had never met before, coupled them off, and asked them to kiss. The end result is a video that captures the shyness and awkwardness leading up to that moment as well as the excitement that goes along with it.
After the formalities of introductions are taken care of and the initial nervousness is put aside, passions take center stage as the couples lock lips and get carried away. While Coker has disclosed that most of the people in the video are professional actors and models, the video clip still does a good job at showcasing the various emotions that come with kissing a complete stranger.
It’s slightly disappointing that the two men who were paired off didn’t look like they were into each other; however, it just goes to show that attraction and chemistry are necessary elements when kissing another person. If they are not there, it just doesn’t seem authentic.
Watch the video below.
JUSTIN HERNANDEZ writes about sex, dating, and relationships for The Advocate and Gay.net. Follow him on Twitter @HernandezJustin.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un