BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
Marleen Gorris to direct DalíGarcía Lorca love story
Variety reports that lesbian director Marleen Gorris, who won an Academy Award in 1995 for the Dutch film Antonias Line, is set to direct the independent film Little Ashes. The screenplay is the first by Philippa Goslett and focuses on the love affair between surrealist painter Salvador Dalí and Spanish poet Federico García Lorca. Gorris also directed the films Mrs. Dalloway and The Luzhin Defence; the latter will open in selected cities on Friday.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People