BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2001 11:00 PM ET
Marleen Gorris to direct DalíGarcía Lorca love story
Variety reports that lesbian director Marleen Gorris, who won an Academy Award in 1995 for the Dutch film Antonias Line, is set to direct the independent film Little Ashes. The screenplay is the first by Philippa Goslett and focuses on the love affair between surrealist painter Salvador Dalí and Spanish poet Federico García Lorca. Gorris also directed the films Mrs. Dalloway and The Luzhin Defence; the latter will open in selected cities on Friday.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment