BY Advocate.com Editors
November 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Bravo plans documentary about altar-bound couples
Next summer Bravo Network will air an eight-part documentary series featuring three gay and lesbian couples as they prepare for, and go through with, a wedding/commitment ceremony. Evolution Film & Tape Inc., a gay-owned Los Angeles-based production company, is producing the series in conjunction with Bravo and is looking for three gay and lesbian couples living in Southern California who are considering some type of commitment ceremony or wedding between January and May of 2002. The series will explore the love, commitment, and challenges involved in long-term relationships and will culminate with the couples' ceremonies. The stories of the three couples will be told over the eight half-hour episodes. The camera crews are small, unobtrusive, and strictly there to document the events as they unfold. Nothing is set up, and nobody will yell "Action!" The goal is to show honest portrayals of gay and lesbian couples that are seldom seen in the media. Couples who take part in the documentary series should be articulate, passionate about life and each other, and comfortable sharing their stories with a television audience. In order to make the series as compelling as possible, the filmmakers will document many aspects of the couples' lives--in addition to covering the planning of the ceremony and the ceremony itself. Those interested in taking part in the series should leave a message for supervising producer Kirk Marcolina or associate producer Amy Woods at (818) 505-0333, ext. 438.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM