BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
Rosie O'Donnell comes out in new memoir
The New York Daily News's Rush & Molloy report that talk show host Rosie O'Donnell will come out in her forthcoming memoir, Find Me, due April 23. "She talks about her relationships with women and having a girl break her heart in college--and other relationships with women," a source tells the paper.
Another reader notes, "She comes out, but she's very matter-of-fact about it. She may be thinking that if she doesn't make a big deal out of it, she minimizes the backlash from gay activists who might say, 'Where the hell have you been?'"
O'Donnell reportedly writes in the book that her popular daytime talk show "took off so fast, she cornered herself into a stereotype," says one reader. "She talks about how exhausting it's been acting happy all the time--how she's leaving the show [in May] because she can't keep up." The columnists also report that there's a possibility O'Donnell may also turn her life story into a one-woman Broadway show.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Sports WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers 1 hour 56 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 6:00 AM
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM