BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2002 1:00 AM ET
Lukas Moodysson's Together eyed for remake
Together, the acclaimed gay- and lesbian-inclusive comedy about communal living from Swedish director Lukas Moodysson (Show Me Love), is about to get an American remake. The Hollywood Reporter writes that FilmFour, the film production branch of the United Kingdom's Channel 4 Television, is developing a new version of the film. "It will really be a reinterpretation," says Rebecca Yeldham, FilmFour's Los Angeles-based vice president of production. The new Together will be shot in Los Angeles with a largely American cast, and Moodysson will serve as an executive producer and consult on the choice of writer and director for the project. Moodysson's original Together made the Advocate list of the 10 best films of 2001.
From the archives of The Advocate
08/28/01: Everybody get together
Following the teen courtship of Show Me Love with the amorous radicals in his new work, Together, filmmaker Lukas Moodysson admits he’s a romantic
By Gregg Kilday
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color