BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
John Nash story on PBS's American Experience
Nobel Prize-winning mathematician John Forbes Nash, subject of the fictionalized Oscar-winning feature A Beautiful Mind, gets the documentary treatment in "A Brilliant Madness," an episode of the PBS series American Experience, set to air Sunday, April 28 (check local listings for airtimes). A brilliant academic whose career was shattered by his decades-long descent into schizophrenia, Nash won the Nobel Prize in 1994 for his work on game theory. A Beautiful Mind drew fire for its omission of Nash's early same-sex experiences.
From the archives of The Advocate
04/02/02: A beautiful minefield
The makers of A Beautiful Mind chose to ignore John Nash’s love of men. What were they thinking?
By Michael Giltz
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence