BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
John Nash story on PBS's American Experience
Nobel Prize-winning mathematician John Forbes Nash, subject of the fictionalized Oscar-winning feature A Beautiful Mind, gets the documentary treatment in "A Brilliant Madness," an episode of the PBS series American Experience, set to air Sunday, April 28 (check local listings for airtimes). A brilliant academic whose career was shattered by his decades-long descent into schizophrenia, Nash won the Nobel Prize in 1994 for his work on game theory. A Beautiful Mind drew fire for its omission of Nash's early same-sex experiences.
From the archives of The Advocate
04/02/02: A beautiful minefield
The makers of A Beautiful Mind chose to ignore John Nash’s love of men. What were they thinking?
By Michael Giltz
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Op-ed: Miley's Date Proves Homelessness Is the Real Crime
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says