BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
John Nash story on PBS's American Experience
Nobel Prize-winning mathematician John Forbes Nash, subject of the fictionalized Oscar-winning feature A Beautiful Mind, gets the documentary treatment in "A Brilliant Madness," an episode of the PBS series American Experience, set to air Sunday, April 28 (check local listings for airtimes). A brilliant academic whose career was shattered by his decades-long descent into schizophrenia, Nash won the Nobel Prize in 1994 for his work on game theory. A Beautiful Mind drew fire for its omission of Nash's early same-sex experiences.
From the archives of The Advocate
04/02/02: A beautiful minefield
The makers of A Beautiful Mind chose to ignore John Nash’s love of men. What were they thinking?
By Michael Giltz
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding