BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2002 11:00 PM ET
John Nash story on PBS's American Experience
Nobel Prize-winning mathematician John Forbes Nash, subject of the fictionalized Oscar-winning feature A Beautiful Mind, gets the documentary treatment in "A Brilliant Madness," an episode of the PBS series American Experience, set to air Sunday, April 28 (check local listings for airtimes). A brilliant academic whose career was shattered by his decades-long descent into schizophrenia, Nash won the Nobel Prize in 1994 for his work on game theory. A Beautiful Mind drew fire for its omission of Nash's early same-sex experiences.
From the archives of The Advocate
04/02/02: A beautiful minefield
The makers of A Beautiful Mind chose to ignore John Nash’s love of men. What were they thinking?
By Michael Giltz
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action 2 hours 54 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM