BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Arthur Dong elected to AMPAS board of governors
Gay filmmaker Arthur Dong (Family Fundamentals, Licensed to Kill) has been elected by the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science's documentary branch to serve on the organization's board of governors, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Dong was elected along with Michael Apted (Enigma, Me & Isaac Newton) to serve alongside director Frieda Lee Mock, who is already on the board.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback