BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Arthur Dong elected to AMPAS board of governors
Gay filmmaker Arthur Dong (Family Fundamentals, Licensed to Kill) has been elected by the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science's documentary branch to serve on the organization's board of governors, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Dong was elected along with Michael Apted (Enigma, Me & Isaac Newton) to serve alongside director Frieda Lee Mock, who is already on the board.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- PHOTOS: Amsterdam Canal Pride