BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Arthur Dong elected to AMPAS board of governors
Gay filmmaker Arthur Dong (Family Fundamentals, Licensed to Kill) has been elected by the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science's documentary branch to serve on the organization's board of governors, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Dong was elected along with Michael Apted (Enigma, Me & Isaac Newton) to serve alongside director Frieda Lee Mock, who is already on the board.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- WATCH: These Gay Prospective Dads Sing 'Dear Future Baby' And It's Too Cute