BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Arthur Dong elected to AMPAS board of governors
Gay filmmaker Arthur Dong (Family Fundamentals, Licensed to Kill) has been elected by the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science's documentary branch to serve on the organization's board of governors, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Dong was elected along with Michael Apted (Enigma, Me & Isaac Newton) to serve alongside director Frieda Lee Mock, who is already on the board.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights