BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2002 12:00 AM ET
Arthur Dong elected to AMPAS board of governors
Gay filmmaker Arthur Dong (Family Fundamentals, Licensed to Kill) has been elected by the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science's documentary branch to serve on the organization's board of governors, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Dong was elected along with Michael Apted (Enigma, Me & Isaac Newton) to serve alongside director Frieda Lee Mock, who is already on the board.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism