BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
Family Pride Coalition and Trevor Project join gay Disneyland festivities
Two organizations have announced events to coincide with the unofficial Gay Days at the Disneyland theme parks in Anaheim, Calif., October 4-6. The Family Pride Coalition, a national nonprofit organization supporting gay families, will have a gathering lasting from 10 a.m. to 11 am on Saturday, October 5, in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle for gay families to meet up. The Trevor Project, the nation's only 24-hour hotline for gay and questioning youth, will have three youth meetings over the course of the weekend, including a complementary breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel on October 5.
The three-day event kicks off with the Wonderland party at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel on Friday, October 4. The main event is the Saturday "gay day" inside Disneyland, which finishes off with Kingdom, the first-ever gay dance party inside Disneyland. Sunday is "gay day" at Disney's California Adventure theme park. For complete details about the event, visit www.GayDay2.com.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting