Did gay company fund New York Press takeover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
People at New York City's alternative weekly The New York Press are speculating that the recent $5-million buyout of the 116,000-circulation paper was funded in part by the gay-owned company Window Media, which owns a chain of gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, and the Southern Voice, the New York Post reports. Doug Meadow, who took over the Press with Chuck Coletti, told the Post that he had no comment on Window's connection to the deal.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: My Bi Choice
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives