Did gay company fund New York Press takeover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
People at New York City's alternative weekly The New York Press are speculating that the recent $5-million buyout of the 116,000-circulation paper was funded in part by the gay-owned company Window Media, which owns a chain of gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, and the Southern Voice, the New York Post reports. Doug Meadow, who took over the Press with Chuck Coletti, told the Post that he had no comment on Window's connection to the deal.
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died