Did gay company fund New York Press takeover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
People at New York City's alternative weekly The New York Press are speculating that the recent $5-million buyout of the 116,000-circulation paper was funded in part by the gay-owned company Window Media, which owns a chain of gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, and the Southern Voice, the New York Post reports. Doug Meadow, who took over the Press with Chuck Coletti, told the Post that he had no comment on Window's connection to the deal.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View