Did gay company fund New York Press takeover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
People at New York City's alternative weekly The New York Press are speculating that the recent $5-million buyout of the 116,000-circulation paper was funded in part by the gay-owned company Window Media, which owns a chain of gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, and the Southern Voice, the New York Post reports. Doug Meadow, who took over the Press with Chuck Coletti, told the Post that he had no comment on Window's connection to the deal.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun