Did gay company fund New York Press takeover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
People at New York City's alternative weekly The New York Press are speculating that the recent $5-million buyout of the 116,000-circulation paper was funded in part by the gay-owned company Window Media, which owns a chain of gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, and the Southern Voice, the New York Post reports. Doug Meadow, who took over the Press with Chuck Coletti, told the Post that he had no comment on Window's connection to the deal.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple