Did gay company fund New York Press takeover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
People at New York City's alternative weekly The New York Press are speculating that the recent $5-million buyout of the 116,000-circulation paper was funded in part by the gay-owned company Window Media, which owns a chain of gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, and the Southern Voice, the New York Post reports. Doug Meadow, who took over the Press with Chuck Coletti, told the Post that he had no comment on Window's connection to the deal.
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 1 hour 48 min ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 2 hours 18 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM