Did gay company fund New York Press takeover?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
People at New York City's alternative weekly The New York Press are speculating that the recent $5-million buyout of the 116,000-circulation paper was funded in part by the gay-owned company Window Media, which owns a chain of gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, and the Southern Voice, the New York Post reports. Doug Meadow, who took over the Press with Chuck Coletti, told the Post that he had no comment on Window's connection to the deal.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post