Naked pics haunt N.J. senate candidate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 01 2003 11:00 PM ET
Charles Cart, chairman of New Jersey's Sussex County Democratic Party, is asking openly gay state senate hopeful Jim Morrison to abandon his bid because of a nude-photo contest Morrison entered in 1996, The [Newark] Star-Ledger reports. Morrison, who was a contestant on the first season of the ABC reality show The Mole in 2001, told Advocate.com about the contest. "I won the contest in New York at this bar called Cake. It was the Prettiest Penis contest, and I won it twice in 1996," he said at the time. "You had to go into a room with a fluffer of your choice and with Justin, the host for the night, and then they took a Polaroid. Then they hung the Polaroids all up onstage for viewing and voting. Justin Bond has the Polaroids."
Today, the 32-year-old Morrison said there is "no chance" that he will drop out of the senate race because of the photos. "If people want to know about it, they should know that I won the contest," he told The Star-Ledger.
Cart said the revelations about the nude photos could make it even more difficult for Democrats to win the senate seat in a county where Republicans outnumber Democrats by more than a 3-to-1 ratio. "It's hard enough being a Democrat in Sussex County without having people think that we think this type of behavior is OK," he said.
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 8 min 42 sec ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 2 hours 49 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM