Naked pics haunt N.J. senate candidate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 02 2003 12:00 AM ET
Charles Cart, chairman of New Jersey's Sussex County Democratic Party, is asking openly gay state senate hopeful Jim Morrison to abandon his bid because of a nude-photo contest Morrison entered in 1996, The [Newark] Star-Ledger reports. Morrison, who was a contestant on the first season of the ABC reality show The Mole in 2001, told Advocate.com about the contest. "I won the contest in New York at this bar called Cake. It was the Prettiest Penis contest, and I won it twice in 1996," he said at the time. "You had to go into a room with a fluffer of your choice and with Justin, the host for the night, and then they took a Polaroid. Then they hung the Polaroids all up onstage for viewing and voting. Justin Bond has the Polaroids."
Today, the 32-year-old Morrison said there is "no chance" that he will drop out of the senate race because of the photos. "If people want to know about it, they should know that I won the contest," he told The Star-Ledger.
Cart said the revelations about the nude photos could make it even more difficult for Democrats to win the senate seat in a county where Republicans outnumber Democrats by more than a 3-to-1 ratio. "It's hard enough being a Democrat in Sussex County without having people think that we think this type of behavior is OK," he said.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- Illinois Bishop Reminds Gay Parents: Catholic Schools Will Teach You're Sinning