Happy Birthday to Point Foundation From the Red Carpet
BY Andi Alexander
September 29 2011 3:52 PM ET
LGBT supporters gathered last weekend to celebrate the Point Foundation's 10th anniversary at Jim Henson Studios in West Hollywood and raised nearly $300,000 for the group.
The Point Foundation, founded by Bruce Lindstrom and Carl Strickland in 2001, offers financial support and guidance to LGBT undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students who have been marginalized because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Over the past 10 years, Point has given over $12 million in college scholarships.
Celebrities such as John Michael Higgins, Anna Paquin, Busy Philipps, Sara Rue, and Joel McHale turned up to commemorate the occasion. Check out the following pages for some fun interviews with a few of the celebrity presenters.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 1 hour 43 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM