Happy Birthday to Point Foundation From the Red Carpet
BY Andi Alexander
September 29 2011 3:52 PM ET
LGBT supporters gathered last weekend to celebrate the Point Foundation's 10th anniversary at Jim Henson Studios in West Hollywood and raised nearly $300,000 for the group.
The Point Foundation, founded by Bruce Lindstrom and Carl Strickland in 2001, offers financial support and guidance to LGBT undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students who have been marginalized because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Over the past 10 years, Point has given over $12 million in college scholarships.
Celebrities such as John Michael Higgins, Anna Paquin, Busy Philipps, Sara Rue, and Joel McHale turned up to commemorate the occasion. Check out the following pages for some fun interviews with a few of the celebrity presenters.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 26 min 36 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 1 hour 20 min ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 1 hour 37 min ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 1 hour 45 min ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 2 hours 11 min ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 2 hours 14 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 2 hours 47 min ago