BY Advocate Contributors
September 23 2009 12:20 PM ET
A fast-moving fire destroyed
two homes in the Fire Island Pines in January. A second blaze burned
two additional Pines homes to the ground shortly before Memorial Day.
complex is scheduled to close for the season this weekend, and
Peña-Sierra looks optimistic about the coming months.
“It could have been much worse -- and we have all winter to rebuild,” he said.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- The Golden Age of Denial: Gay Bible Porn
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record
- New Book: Biden Pushed Obama on Marriage Equality