BY Advocate Contributors
September 23 2009 11:20 AM ET
A fast-moving fire destroyed
two homes in the Fire Island Pines in January. A second blaze burned
two additional Pines homes to the ground shortly before Memorial Day.
complex is scheduled to close for the season this weekend, and
Peña-Sierra looks optimistic about the coming months.
“It could have been much worse -- and we have all winter to rebuild,” he said.
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 22 min 26 sec ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 52 min 39 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 2 hours 22 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM