Dr. Phil Tackles LGBT Suicide
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 06 2010 7:25 PM ET
Dr. Phil sat down Wednesday with a panel of teens including Ugly Betty’s
Marc Indelicato to talk about the realities of being young and gay in America and the suicide rate among LGBT teens.
Dr. Phil responds to one student’s account of being harassed on graduation day and having no one to confide in as being the “perfect storm” of events that leads teens to take drastic measures.
Watch the video here.
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
- The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue
- WATCH: Catholic School Tells Trans Teen 'Wear Girl's Gown or Don't Walk at Graduation'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Pro-Marriage Equality Ill. Republican Won't Seek State Party Chairmanship 10 min 39 sec ago
- Women Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship 16 min 43 sec ago
- Theater What Does Jane Lynch Have in Common with Miss Hannigan, Her Role in Broadway's Annie? 23 min 17 sec ago
- Women Chely Wright and Lauren Blitzer Welcome Twins 27 min 17 sec ago
- Health News Calcium Bad, Cinnamon Good, PreP Fails: Baffling Health News 56 min 19 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels Coming Out HIV-Positive in the Comic Book Store 59 min 17 sec ago
- Transgender WATCH: Catholic School Won't Let Trans Grad Wear Men's Garb 1 hour 23 min ago