Repeal to Be Signed Wednesday
BY Neal Broverman
December 20 2010 3:05 PM ET
President Obama will sign the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" Wednesday, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs indicated Monday.
An exact schedule has yet to be laid out, but Gibbs said he expected a formal ceremony for the signing on December 22. A presidential press conference is also expected this week, but not until the Senate has wrapped up its business, including the contentious arms treaty with Russia.
Read more here.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word