Repeal to Be Signed Wednesday
BY Neal Broverman
December 20 2010 3:05 PM ET
President Obama will sign the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" Wednesday, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs indicated Monday.
An exact schedule has yet to be laid out, but Gibbs said he expected a formal ceremony for the signing on December 22. A presidential press conference is also expected this week, but not until the Senate has wrapped up its business, including the contentious arms treaty with Russia.
Read more here.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete