Repeal to Be Signed Wednesday
BY Neal Broverman
December 20 2010 3:05 PM ET
President Obama will sign the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" Wednesday, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs indicated Monday.
An exact schedule has yet to be laid out, but Gibbs said he expected a formal ceremony for the signing on December 22. A presidential press conference is also expected this week, but not until the Senate has wrapped up its business, including the contentious arms treaty with Russia.
Read more here.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'