California LGBT Caucus Selects Chair
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2011 2:20 PM ET
Second-term state senator Christine Kehoe of San Diego has been elected chair of the California legislature’s LGBT caucus, City News Service reports.
Kehoe was selected Thursday by the other six caucus members. “I’m honored to serve as chair and am eager to work with our largest LGBT caucus ever — growing from four members last session to the current seven members,” Kehoe said. The caucus, formed in 2002, was the first LGBT legislative caucus in the nation.
Kehoe was first elected to the senate in 2004 and reelected in 2008. She served in the state assembly from 2000 to 2004.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- Gay Photographer Blinded With Gasoline In U.K. Hate Crime
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama