California LGBT Caucus Selects Chair
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2011 2:20 PM ET
Second-term state senator Christine Kehoe of San Diego has been elected chair of the California legislature’s LGBT caucus, City News Service reports.
Kehoe was selected Thursday by the other six caucus members. “I’m honored to serve as chair and am eager to work with our largest LGBT caucus ever — growing from four members last session to the current seven members,” Kehoe said. The caucus, formed in 2002, was the first LGBT legislative caucus in the nation.
Kehoe was first elected to the senate in 2004 and reelected in 2008. She served in the state assembly from 2000 to 2004.
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check