California LGBT Caucus Selects Chair
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 14 2011 2:20 PM ET
Second-term state senator Christine Kehoe of San Diego has been elected chair of the California legislature’s LGBT caucus, City News Service reports.
Kehoe was selected Thursday by the other six caucus members. “I’m honored to serve as chair and am eager to work with our largest LGBT caucus ever — growing from four members last session to the current seven members,” Kehoe said. The caucus, formed in 2002, was the first LGBT legislative caucus in the nation.
Kehoe was first elected to the senate in 2004 and reelected in 2008. She served in the state assembly from 2000 to 2004.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM