Moguls for Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2011 1:05 PM ET
Twenty-six top executives released a letter Friday urging New York state legislators to legalize marriage equality throughout the state, saying it’s not only the right thing to do, but it makes good business sense.
The group of business leaders includes the CEO’s of Goldman Sachs, Con Edison and Thompson Reuters. The letter argues that not allowing same-sex couples to marry is making it difficult to find quality workers.
"As New Yorkers and business leaders, we believe that attracting talent is key to our state's economic future," the letter reads. "We strongly urge New York State to enact marriage equality legislation to help maintain our competitive advantage in attracting the best and brightest people the world has to offer."
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made marriage equality a central part of his campaign in 2010. He has promised to fast track marriage equality legislation this year.
Click here to read more.
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- READ: 9-Year-Old Girl's Adorable Letter to Newly Out Gay Teacher
- WATCH: Gay Hero of Sydney Siege Wrestled With Gunman
- A Double Life No More: Top College Swimmer Comes Out
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers