Moguls for Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2011 2:05 PM ET
Twenty-six top executives released a letter Friday urging New York state legislators to legalize marriage equality throughout the state, saying it’s not only the right thing to do, but it makes good business sense.
The group of business leaders includes the CEO’s of Goldman Sachs, Con Edison and Thompson Reuters. The letter argues that not allowing same-sex couples to marry is making it difficult to find quality workers.
"As New Yorkers and business leaders, we believe that attracting talent is key to our state's economic future," the letter reads. "We strongly urge New York State to enact marriage equality legislation to help maintain our competitive advantage in attracting the best and brightest people the world has to offer."
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made marriage equality a central part of his campaign in 2010. He has promised to fast track marriage equality legislation this year.
Click here to read more.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 46 min 45 sec ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM