Moguls for Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2011 2:05 PM ET
Twenty-six top executives released a letter Friday urging New York state legislators to legalize marriage equality throughout the state, saying it’s not only the right thing to do, but it makes good business sense.
The group of business leaders includes the CEO’s of Goldman Sachs, Con Edison and Thompson Reuters. The letter argues that not allowing same-sex couples to marry is making it difficult to find quality workers.
"As New Yorkers and business leaders, we believe that attracting talent is key to our state's economic future," the letter reads. "We strongly urge New York State to enact marriage equality legislation to help maintain our competitive advantage in attracting the best and brightest people the world has to offer."
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made marriage equality a central part of his campaign in 2010. He has promised to fast track marriage equality legislation this year.
Click here to read more.
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 19 min 23 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM