Moguls for Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2011 1:05 PM ET
Twenty-six top executives released a letter Friday urging New York state legislators to legalize marriage equality throughout the state, saying it’s not only the right thing to do, but it makes good business sense.
The group of business leaders includes the CEO’s of Goldman Sachs, Con Edison and Thompson Reuters. The letter argues that not allowing same-sex couples to marry is making it difficult to find quality workers.
"As New Yorkers and business leaders, we believe that attracting talent is key to our state's economic future," the letter reads. "We strongly urge New York State to enact marriage equality legislation to help maintain our competitive advantage in attracting the best and brightest people the world has to offer."
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made marriage equality a central part of his campaign in 2010. He has promised to fast track marriage equality legislation this year.
Click here to read more.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 1 hour 28 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM