Moguls for Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2011 1:05 PM ET
Twenty-six top executives released a letter Friday urging New York state legislators to legalize marriage equality throughout the state, saying it’s not only the right thing to do, but it makes good business sense.
The group of business leaders includes the CEO’s of Goldman Sachs, Con Edison and Thompson Reuters. The letter argues that not allowing same-sex couples to marry is making it difficult to find quality workers.
"As New Yorkers and business leaders, we believe that attracting talent is key to our state's economic future," the letter reads. "We strongly urge New York State to enact marriage equality legislation to help maintain our competitive advantage in attracting the best and brightest people the world has to offer."
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made marriage equality a central part of his campaign in 2010. He has promised to fast track marriage equality legislation this year.
Click here to read more.
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage 8 min 58 sec ago
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual 18 min 15 sec ago
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? 1 hour 22 min ago
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary 1 hour 55 min ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 2 hours 15 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4:07 PM