The Senate: 'It Gets Better'
June 29 2011 2:05 PM ET
The "It Gets Better" video universe now includes 13 senators who released their own version Wednesday.
The 13 Democratic senators released their video in a morning press conference at the Capitol — a project led by Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware. “Unlike with so many other issues that we have to deal with in the Senate, with LGBT equality, there is value in simply talking and in speaking out,” Coons said Wednesday.
The video features Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Chris Coons (D-Del.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Mark Udall (D-Colo.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.).
Many of those senators have stated their public endorsement of marriage equality, with two of them, Sen. Gillibrand and Sen. Wyden, telling The Advocate last week that Pres. Barack Obama should come in support of marriage for gays and lesbians.
View the video below.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere