The Senate: 'It Gets Better'
June 29 2011 1:05 PM ET
The "It Gets Better" video universe now includes 13 senators who released their own version Wednesday.
The 13 Democratic senators released their video in a morning press conference at the Capitol — a project led by Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware. “Unlike with so many other issues that we have to deal with in the Senate, with LGBT equality, there is value in simply talking and in speaking out,” Coons said Wednesday.
The video features Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Chris Coons (D-Del.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Mark Udall (D-Colo.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.).
Many of those senators have stated their public endorsement of marriage equality, with two of them, Sen. Gillibrand and Sen. Wyden, telling The Advocate last week that Pres. Barack Obama should come in support of marriage for gays and lesbians.
View the video below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment