Zachary Quinto Joins Ryan Murphy's Series
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 26 2011 4:00 PM ET
Zachary Quinto will play a gay character when he joins the cast of Glee cocreator Ryan Murphy's new haunted house series American Horror Story for four episodes this fall, reports Deadline.
The series stars Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton as a married couple who move into a mysterious new home in Los Angeles for a fresh start following the wife's miscarriage and the husband's infidelity. Oscar- and Emmy-winner Jessica Lange costars (and steals every scene) as a nosy neighbor. Quinto will appear in at least four episodes as a gay man who once owned the house and befriends Britton's character.
The pilot, which pays homage to classic horror films, particularly Rosemary's Baby and The Shining, as well as TV's Twin Peaks, is filled with creepy characters, nudity, sex, and violence that make it one of the most provocative series produced for television since Murphy's own Nip/Tuck. American Horror Story will premiere on FX October 5.
Quinto previously played gay characters in the sitcom So NoTORIous and in the recent Broadway revival of Angels in America and last appeared on television in the sci-fi series Heroes. His next film, Margin Call, in which he costars with Kevin Spacey and Penn Badgley, opens October 21.
Watch the teaser for American Horror Story below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 5 min 41 sec ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 1 hour 40 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 2 hours 3 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM