Magazine to Hit Military Bases
BY Andi Alexander
August 30 2011 6:35 PM ET
A year after its public introduction, Outserve has launched a magazine that will be available on some military bases, sources report.
Outserve, an underground organization composed of LGBT members in the United States Armed Services introduced last July, has expanded to create a magazine both in print and on the web. In addition, they will spotlight 100 LGBT armed service members.
One of the largest LGBT employee resource groups in the world, Outserve currently has over 4,000 members worldwide, 100 of which will be featured with picture and bio in the September 20th issue to honor those who have served their nation.
"Gay, lesbian, and bisexual service members once had to conceal their true identities. By featuring their pictures and their stories, we are signaling that time has passed," said J.D. Smith, co-director of Outserve.
The interactive website, OutserveMag.com, gives readers the opportunity to comment, share articles via Facebook and Twitter, and order digital and print versions of the magazine.
"This marks an incredible time in the history of our military," said Smith, "It is time for these military members to be honored for their extraordinary commitment and sacrifice in defense of our country."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 8 min 8 sec ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 47 min 30 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM