Parvez Sharma: #GayinEgypt
BY Parvez Sharma
February 09 2011 6:30 PM ET
tomorrow? wont everyone march to helioplis?
depressed not at all
i'm not marching every where. i am an observer not a participator
this is imp--do u think this is a twitter or fb revolution or is it way more than that?
twitter and fb are merely a medium through which people can spread ideas
but most of the protestors r poor and not on twitter and fb right?
esp in smaller cities
are of every age and social class…but in cairo…it is the educated young
generation that was able to get the ball rolling because they have the
means and knowledge…all other ppl followed
what do u think will happen tmrw?
u think they can march towards heliopolis?
its a long walk from tahrir for sure!
that's a factor
why do u think they cannot walk?
because the military is now again taking orders from the minister of defense who is in the ndp's umbrella
so what? if 2 million ppl start walking then?
we'll have to wait and see
it would be a miracle
well do u think tmrw is big?
what we all really wish for is that mubarak truely reaches out to people heart-to-heart
to give us any glimpse that we could trust his regime
but quite the opposite is happening....that's what i do not understand
what do u mean?
dont u think it was his guys?
of course we all think so
but where is the proof?
so who else cud it be?
i don't know!
the brothers? no way?
El B no way?
there's no reason i could think of to justify that it would be the brotherhood
let me say this
it seems people were paid between 100 to 500 pounds even those guys on horses
and the molotovs they are making on 6th october seems to be their guys
they were not only throwing them from the bridge
they had taken over 2 buildings
and were receiving supplies of gasoline on a regular basis
to fill up the molotovs in the comfort of the building's roof
to throw down
tell me what are u thinking? whats going on in your mind? what emotions?
that the truth never prevails
and no revolution ever turns out as expected
and shocked at how mubarak's regime was able to divide the people's views and deceive them
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 1 hour 47 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 2 hours 48 sec ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM