Did Your Representative in Congress Join the NOH8 Campaign?
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2012 4:39 PM ET
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas: “The world needs more NOH8. NOH8 speaks about love, tolerance and respect for human dignity. I’m delighted, not to have to be here because people are treated differently, but I’m delighted to be here to be a part of the world humanity who stands in the majority against hate. And the recognition that the LGBT community deserves all the human dignity of every other person in this wonderful family called the world.”
Rep. Sam Farr of California: “I’m Congressman Sam Farr, a Democrat representing California’s Central Coast. I’m very excited about this campaign because it’s sad that a vocal minority has been able to deny a group of citizens their rights. We’ve got to fight for justice for everyone in this country.”
Rep. Raúl Grijalva of Arizona: “We’ve seen too much policy driven by hate in this country. Laws made by hate never expand liberties or protect rights. This NOH8 Campaign is about the fact that civil rights and basic liberty extend to all human beings in our nation regardless of any factor in their life, including who they love. This is why this campaign’s important.”
Rep. Rush D. Holt of New Jersey: "The NOH8 Campaign is great because you've taken it beyond just opposition to some legislation to a much more positive and inclusive message that should appeal to everyone."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM